15TH ANNUAL PUG SOCIAL in Killington, Vermont
When: Saturday, Sept 9, 2017 @ 10 am. (Rain or Shine!)
Where: Sherburne Memorial Library, 2998 River Road, Killington, VT
Click here for directions
- Everyone will register as they enter the Pug Social. You can print the form and have it filled out prior to arrival to shorten your registration time.
PUG SOCIAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
- Volunteers are a vital part of every successful Social. We welcome your help!
PUG SOCIAL VENDOR APPLICATION
- With so many pugs and people looking for "pug items" we need great vendors! Sign up today as a vendor
Schedule: (Times are subject to change)
Saturday Evening Dinner:
- 7:00-9:00 Setup By GMPR Staff & Volunteers
- 9:00 - 10:00 Registration of Attendees & Contest Signups
- 10:00 Welcoming Comments
- 10:15 Longest Tongue Contest
- 10:30 Best Kisser Contest
- 10:45 Best Wrinkles Contest
- 11:00 Curliest Tail Contest
- 11:15 Best Trick / Talent Contest
- 11:30 - 12:25 Lunch Break or Shopping -
EAT AT THE PUG CAFÉ for Hot dogs, Kielbasa Dogs, Hamburgers, Nachos, Desserts, Drinks The Pug fun will make you hungry!
- 11:30-12:00 – Free Play Time in the Arena (All pugs can run free with each other …)
- 12:30 -1:00 -Alumni Parade of Rescued Pugs ( all pugs in attendance that have been adopted since we started in 2002).
- 1:00 Costume Contests begin:
- COSTUME CATEGORIES:
- 1:00 Best Group Costumes
- 1:15 Best Owner Costume & Pug Costume Combo
- 1:30 Best "Super Hero" Costume
- 1:45 Fanciest Costume
- 2:00 Most Creative Costume
- 2:15 Funniest Costume
- 2:30 Best Costume With Props
- 2:45 - 3:15 Great Pug Races (Group 1: Pugs of all ages; Group 2: Pugs aged 10 years and older)
- 3:00- SILENT AUCTION CLOSES
- 3:15 - 4:00 Crap Raffle Drawing, 50/50 Winner Drawing , Oldest Pug Announcement, Furthest Traveled Pug Announcement. Chinese Auction winners announced and closing statement by GMPR Staff.
Unfortunately, due to low attendance in recent years we will not be holding a Saturday evening dinner after the social.
NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO VERIFY YOUR RESERVATION WITH YOUR HOTEL PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL.
The Vermont Inn; 800-541-7795
The Vermont Inn, located at 78 Cream Hill Road, Mendon, VT is a family and Pug friendly Bed and Breakfast. Emily and Mike have set aside all of their 16 rooms for the GMPR Social at a discounted rate.
The following area hotels are also "pug friendly"
Cortina Inn and Resort 802-772-7118; 103 US-4 Killington, VT
The Cortina has 16 pug-friendly rooms available until August 28…after that they will not be saved for the Social attendees. Same special rate as last year…Ask for Patrick Kitchen, the General Manager…call the Cortina direct, not the reservation service.
The Butternut Inn 802-422-5660 (3 miles from event)
Inn at Long Trail 802-325-2540 (4 miles from event)
Val Roc 802-422-3881 (5 miles from event)
Econo Lodge 866-539-8430 (6 miles from event)
Hillside Inn 802-315-0039 (Killington Access Road. 6 miles from event)
Best Western 802-773-3200 (10 miles from event)
The above hotels are "pug friendly" but may charge an additional pet fee.