16TH ANNUAL PUG SOCIAL in Killington, Vermont
When: Saturday, Sept 15, 2018 @ 10 am. (Rain or Shine!)
To get a preview of Silent Auction items for 2018: CLICK HERE
Where: Shelburne Memorial Library, 2998 River Road, Killington, VT
Click here for directions
- Everyone will register as they enter the Pug Social. You can print the form and have it filled out prior to arrival to shorten your registration time.
PUG SOCIAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
- Volunteers are a vital part of every successful Social. We welcome your help!
PUG SOCIAL VENDOR APPLICATION
- With so many pugs and people looking for "pug items" we need great vendors! Sign up today as a vendor
To view photos from last year's Pug Social: CLICK HERE
Vendors attending (To be Announced)
Schedule: (Times are subject to change)
Saturday Evening Dinner:
- 7:00-9:00 Setup By GMPR Staff & Volunteers
- 9:00 - 10:00 Registration of Attendees & Contest Signups
- 10:00 Welcoming Comments
- 10:15 Longest Tongue Contest
- 10:30 Best Kisser Contest
- 10:45 Best Wrinkles Contest
- 11:00 Curliest Tail Contest
- 11:15 Best Trick / Talent Contest
- 11:30 - 12:25 Lunch Break or Shopping -
EAT AT THE PUG CAFÉ for Hot dogs, Kielbasa Dogs, Hamburgers, Nachos, Desserts, Drinks The Pug fun will make you hungry!
- 11:30-12:00 – Free Play Time in the Arena (All pugs can run free with each other …)
- 12:30 -1:00 -Alumni Parade of Rescued Pugs ( all pugs in attendance that have been adopted since we started in 2002).
- 1:00 Costume Contests begin:
- COSTUME CATEGORIES:
- 1:00 Best Group Costumes
- 1:15 Best Owner Costume & Pug Costume Combo with or without props
- 1:30 Fanciest Costume
- 1:45 Funniest Costume
- 2:00 Best Sweet 16 Costume
- 2:15 - 2:45 Great Pug Races (Group 1: Pugs of all ages; Group 2: Pugs aged 10 years and older)
- 2:45 - 3:15 Pug-Friendly Cake Eating Contest
- 3:00- SILENT AUCTION CLOSES
- 3:15 - 4:00 Crap Raffle Drawing, 50/50 Winner Drawing , Oldest Pug Announcement, Furthest Traveled Pug Announcement. Dog Bag Raffle Auction winners announced and closing statement by GMPR Staff.
We are looking to bringing this back in 2018! Stay tuned for more details on this dinner!
NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO VERIFY YOUR RESERVATION WITH YOUR HOTEL PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL. DUE TO OTHER EVENTS GOING ON IN THE AREA, BOOK YOUR RESERVATION NOW TO SECURE YOUR HOTEL ROOM!
The Vermont Inn; 800-541-7795
The Vermont Inn, located at 78 Cream Hill Road, Mendon, VT is a family and Pug friendly Bed and Breakfast. Emily and Mike have set aside all of their 16 rooms for the GMPR Social at a discounted rate.
The following area hotels are also "pug friendly"
The Butternut Inn 802-422-5660 (3 miles from event)
Inn at Long Trail 802-325-2540 (4 miles from event)
Val Roc 802-422-3881 (5 miles from event)
Econo Lodge 866-539-8430 (6 miles from event)
Hillside Inn 802-315-0039 (Killington Access Road. 6 miles from event)
Clear River Inn & Tavern (802)746-7916 (7 miles from event) - the owner of the inn typically only allows dogs in certain rooms but for our event he is opening up the entire inn for guests to stay in any of the rooms with their dogs.
Best Western 802-773-3200 (10 miles from event)
"pug friendly" but may charge an additional pet fee. You can also go to Bringfido.com to look up other pet-friendly hotels in the area.