17TH ANNUAL PUG SOCIAL in Killington, Vermont
When: Saturday, Sept 7, 2019 @ 10 am. (Rain or Shine!)
Where: Sherburne Memorial Library, 2998 River Road, Killington, VT
Click here for directions
- Everyone will register as they enter the Pug Social. You can print the form and have it filled out prior to arrival to shorten your registration time.
PUG SOCIAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
- Volunteers are a vital part of every successful Social. We welcome your help!
PUG SOCIAL VENDOR APPLICATION
- With so many pugs and people looking for "pug items" we need great vendors! Sign up today as a vendor
To view photos from 2018 Pug Social: CLICK HERE
Schedule: (Times are subject to change)
Saturday Evening Dinner:
- 7:00-9:00 Setup By GMPR Staff & Volunteers
- 9:00 - 10:00 Registration of Attendees & Contest Signups
- 10:00 Welcoming Comments
- 10:15 Longest Tongue Contest
- 10:30 Best Kisser Contest
- 10:45 Best Wrinkles Contest
- 11:00 Curliest Tail Contest
- 11:15 Best Trick / Talent Contest
- 11:30 - 12:25 Lunch Break or Shopping -
EAT AT THE PUG CAFÉ for Hot dogs, Kielbasa Dogs, Hamburgers, Nachos, Desserts, Drinks The Pug fun will make you hungry!
- 11:30-12:00 – Free Play Time in the Arena (All pugs can run free with each other …)
- 12:30 -1:00 -Alumni Parade of Rescued Pugs ( all pugs in attendance that have been adopted since we started in 2002).
- 1:00 Pug-Friendly Cake Eating Contest
- 1:15 Costume Contests begin:
- COSTUME CATEGORIES:
- 1:15 Best Group Costumes
- 1:30 Best Owner Costume & Pug Costume Combo with or without props
- 1:45 Fanciest Costume
- 2:00 Funniest Costume
- 2:15 Best Sweet 16 Costume
- 2:30 -3:00 Great Pug Races (Group 1: Pugs of all ages; Group 2: Pugs aged 10 years and older)
- 3:00- SILENT AUCTION CLOSES
- 3:15 - 4:00 Crap Raffle Drawing, 50/50 Winner Drawing , Oldest Pug Announcement, Furthest Traveled Pug Announcement. Dog Bag Raffle Auction winners announced and closing statement by GMPR Staff.
The Saturday Night Dinner has returned and will be located at the Vermont Inn in Mendon, Vermont following the pug social. The fee for the dinner is $10 per person. If you would like to sign up to attend the dinner, please contact GMPR Board Member, Gloria Lamorey via email or Facebook.
NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO VERIFY YOUR RESERVATION WITH YOUR HOTEL PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL. DUE TO OTHER EVENTS GOING ON IN THE AREA, BOOK YOUR RESERVATION NOW TO SECURE YOUR HOTEL ROOM!
The Vermont Inn; 800-541-7795
The Vermont Inn, located at 78 Cream Hill Road, Mendon, VT is a family and Pug friendly Bed and Breakfast. Emily and Mike have set aside all of their 16 rooms for the GMPR Social at a discounted rate.
The following area hotels are also "pug friendly"
The Butternut Inn 802-422-5660 (3 miles from event)
Inn at Long Trail 802-325-2540 (4 miles from event)
Val Roc 802-422-3881 (5 miles from event)
Econo Lodge 866-539-8430 (6 miles from event)
Hillside Inn 802-315-0039 (Killington Access Road. 6 miles from event)
Clear River Inn & Tavern (802)746-7916 (7 miles from event) - the owner of the inn typically only allows dogs in certain rooms but for our event he is opening up the entire inn for guests to stay in any of the rooms with their dogs.
Best Western 802-773-3200 (10 miles from event)
"pug friendly" but may charge an additional pet fee. You can also go to Bringfido.com to look up other pet-friendly hotels in the area.